Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bishop Salvatore Cordileone

I know Bishop Salvatore Joseph Cordileone has been repeatedly criticized for starting Proposition 8 regarding gay marriages. However I truly believe that Bishop Salvatore does not adamnantly criticize people of gay or lesbian marriages. He does not go out of his way to point them out. Yes, it is something I am not for, I must say I'm against Proposition 8, although you must question before accusing anyone. Bishop Salvatore is a human just like all of us, and he is strictly Catholic...of course all Bishops are pretty much all strict Catholics. So it does make sense for him to have started Proposition 8. In order to try to make a win for the church...which indeed happened. However much the Catholic church does contradict itself much like the government. I will or and would not turn away from being a Catholic, though I am not like the Bishops and some others an insanely strict Catholic. We must ask ourselves in times like these which ways are better...to be a strict observer and not allow any freedom or to be open to all things...

No comments:

Post a Comment