Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fr. John Maxwell's funeral mass 10:30am-2pm


So today was Fr. John Maxwell's funeral mass. It was a good mass and Bishop Emeritus Cummins was there. Bishop Salvatore was there as well...he presided. Bishop Emeritus Cummins did the homily. It was a very moving mass with good songs. I wonder though what Bishop Cordileone thought of St. John's parish. Since they the type of parish that uses a band to play...a band with a guitar. Personally myself I prefer the type of choir like ours at St. David of Wales parish in Richmond CA. We sing mainly baroque....latin songs with a few songs in English. Although the songs at St. Johns for Fr. John Maxwell's funeral mass were great. Amazing Grace, that one song in the palm of his hand...love that song! As well I loved the responsorial psalm. The end song was sad the resuscito...okay I'm not sure if I spelled that right...anyways it was great!
I also got to be in the Bishop's line for communion, the other time was at Fr. Ian Mendoza's ordination mass. Today was my second time to have been in Bishop Cordileone's communion line. It was my aunt's first time finally getting to be in Bishop Cordileone's communion line.
R.I.P. Fr. John Maxwell...you will be missed...such a great priest...

No comments:

Post a Comment